Workshop Invitation: University of Sydney Faculty of Medicine and Health (USYD FMH) Consumer Group
Who: The Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Sydney
When: Initial workshop to co-design the consumer group – Tuesday 26 September 2023
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. THIS EOI IS NOW CLOSED.
The University of Sydney is establishing a consumer group for the Faculty of Medicine and Health (FMH). This is an exciting opportunity to influence and have input into the education and training of future healthcare professionals including medical practitioners, dental practitioners, nurses, allied health practitioners and pharmacists.
If you would like to be considered for the FMH Consumer Group, please complete the e-form below.
Broadly, the purpose of the consumer group is to:
- Engage consumers in the design, delivery and improvement of Faculty programs
- Share consumer perspectives of healthcare to inform Faculty programs
- Provide input into the development of programs that prepare healthcare professionals for future opportunities and challenges in changing health care environments
- Enable or support partnerships with relevant local communities, organisations and individuals in relation to the education and training of healthcare professionals
- Provide advice to the Faculty and External Advisory Committees on matters affecting consumers as related to the education and training of healthcare professionals
- Support ongoing accreditation of the Faculty’s programs
The Faculty of Medicine and Health is inviting consumer representatives to attend an initial workshop to co-design the consumer group on Tuesday 26 September 2023. Following the workshop, Sydney University will appoint consumer representatives to the FMH consumer group. Up to 12 consumers will be appointed to the group as individuals broadly representative of the community, not as representatives of an organisation.
The University of Sydney FMH is seeking people who have:
- Recent experience of healthcare provided by healthcare professionals, as patients, carers or family members.
- Experience of being a consumer, patient or carer representative with universities, health services or other relevant organisations.
- Formal or informal connections with existing health consumer, carer, community or other relevant organisations and communities.
The first meeting of the FMH consumer group will be in November 2023. Consumer members will be remunerated and reimbursed in accordance the Health Consumers NSW Guidelines: Remuneration and reimbursement of health consumers – Health Consumers NSW (hcnsw.org.au).