Health Consumers NSW was established in late 2010 due to the tireless work of health consumer advocates in NSW. With that, we joined other Australian States who, for a long time, have had independent health consumer representation peak bodies.
During the last decade, we have had a significant impact in spreading health consumer participation in service delivery, policy, research and evaluation. Some of our successes include:
- the development and running of health consumer representative and health organisation and researcher training in health consumer engagement
- research publications and papers, including a healthcare visiting guide and navigating telehealth report during Covid lockdowns and an ageism in healthcare report
- development of a Consumer and Community Engagement Model
- workshops, community forums and webinars on health consumer relevant topics
- regular newsletters and up-to-date health consumer news.